When thoughts turn to summer vacation, the heartland of America may not be top of mind. But the Midwest has a multitude of advantages, particularly for budget-conscious travelers. Even if you are someone who equates summer getaways with frolicking in the water, well, believe it or not, the Midwest has opportunities for that by the boatloads.
On Thursday, June 2, from 1 to 2 PM Eastern/Noon to 1 PM Central, we explore Great Midwestern Cities during the #TravelTopics Twitter chat. Join in to share your thoughts on the Midwest or to access valuable vacation ideas. @VisitMilwaukee and @VisitOKC will be along for the ride.
Here are the topics we will be covering:
- Q1: What makes the Midwest an appealing destination for summer travel?
Courtesy: Visit Milwaukee
- Q2: What are the advantages of opting for trips to medium-sized cities versus mega-metro areas?
|Kayaking in Oklahoma City
Courtesy: Visit OKC
- Q3: What are some of the things you can do in the Midwest that those on the coasts would be surprised about?
- Q4: Experts from @VisitMilwaukee and @VisitOKC are in the house. Ask questions/offer intel about these Great Midwestern Cities.
|Milwaukee Art Museum
Courtesy Visit Milwaukee
- Q5: Why is the Midwest the perfect destination for family travel?
- Q6: Talk about water activities available in Midwestern states. What’s your favorite way to explore Milwaukee’s waterways?
- Q7: What would out-of-towners find most unexpected about Oklahoma City or other mid-tier cities?
|Skydance Pedestrian Bridge
Courtesy Visit OKC
- Q8: What is the most unique attraction/destination you have encountered in the Midwest?
- Q9: What’s your favorite festival in the Midwest?