I have been traveling throughout the state for the last 10 days with a little tater tot. To track the adventures of #SpudBuddy, follow me on Twitter @dailysuitcase (see image at bottom).
Now, for a bit of Idaho trivia--
1. Sun Valley is considered the first winter destination resort in the United States. It was built in the 1930s by railroad magnate W. Averill Harriman.
2. Sun Valley was the home of the world's first chairlift. Lifts were installed on Dollar and Proctor Mountains in 1936.
3. The Hokey Pokey was invented in Sun Valley during the 1940s.
Elsewhere in Idaho...
4. Idaho is the only state with two time zones divided north and south. The state divides between Mountain and Pacific Time just north of Riggins.
5. Television was invented in Rigby, Idaho in the 1920s by local science prodigy and farm boy Philo Farnsworth.
6. Bruneau Dunes State Park is home to North America's tallest sand dune, at 470 feet.
Calling All Spuds...
7. Potatoes are not the top agricultural product in Idaho. Milk is.
8. Potatoes are the #1 crop, but are third in the agricultural product list after dairy and cattle.
9. And while we are on the topic, Idaho is the country’s #1 potato producer, serving up 29% of the U.S. total.